Sunday, January 16, 2011

12 Weeks to Better Photos: Challenge 1

The first lesson in the 12 Weeks to Better Photos is about aperture. The weekly challenge is to see how much of your photo you want to be in focus and to practice using the aperture priority setting.

1. In this photo I used the lowest setting my camera will go, f/5.6. Very little outside the focus point is in focus. (you can tell by looking at how the rocks and grass are blurry)


2. In this photo I used a f/8. This is my favorite. I like the background blur that separates the subject from the background elements.


3. In this photo I moved my aperture setting to the highest setting it will go, f/32. Pretty much everything is in focus. (It is easiest to see the difference between photo 2 and 3)


My next challenge will be about ISO and Shutter Speed. Yay!

1 comment:

  1. Nice job. I know that site and I done the very same challenge when I first started out. Can't wait to see what you come up with.

    ReplyDelete